Hello everyone! I am excited to have been included in Donna Downey's "Find Out Fridays" weekly online workshops as an October instructor! If you'd like to find out more about Donna's 2016 Find Out Friday's free weekly instructional videos just click the link. I received a bag of 5 mystery items in the mail, not knowing what the heck I was going to get, and loved the experience of getting to create using materials I am not used to. The only material I was used to was the paint marker. Everything else was new to me and I thought anxiously how to incorporate them. I'm pleased with how it all turned out and hope you get to take the time to watch this free online workshop. The supplies list is below the videos on this post.
He graduated in 2012 with his M.F.A. in painting and soon there after worked for three years at Donna Downey Studios as the Director of Education. Over that time he developed 13 online workshops which are sold through stephenlursen.com. His Facebook group is active in sharing the work produced from many of his workshops.
He just finished teaching a weekend workshop at Donna Downey Studios called "Setting The Mood" a large scale painting project focused on developing abstract surfaces that set the mood for the entire space."
You can find Stephen here:
Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/185014231917276/
- Find Out Friday: Stephen Lursen
- Supply List
- 11”x14” canvas panel
- Stencil Girl Stencil
- Golden Brand fluid acrylic colors: Primary Yellow, Diarylide Yellow, Teal, Anthraquinone Blue, Paynes Gray, Yellow Ochre, Quinacridone Nickel Azo Gold, Burnt Umber, Titan Buff.
- Other acrylic colors: Titanium White, Neon Yellow, Neon Pink, Neon Red, Neon Purple, Neon Orange, Neon Light Green.
- Liquitex Inks: Quinacridone Magenta, Cerulean Blue Hue.
- Gold leaf kit
- rusted metal wire (jewelry pliers) + Golden Brand Acrylic gel (used to attach wire to canvas surface).
- Liquitex Professional Prussian Blue paint marker
- Sharpie extra fine tip white paint pen
- Quote Stamp + ink pad
You can subscribe to Donna Downey's Find Out Friday channel for weekly tutorial videos throughout this year by artists from around the world, by clicking here: